Highlights from a new study by BookNet Canada on the Canadian digital publishing market:– 90% of Canadian publishers are producing ebooks – The remaining 10% plan to produce ebooks in the future or are in the process of doing so – 19% of Canadian publishers have their full lists available as ebooks – About a fifth of Canadian publishers have developed enhanced ebooks and about a fifth have produced at least one appRelated: DBW U course on how to produce an ebook app.– While the main sales channel for publishers in Canada is established ebook retailers, 12% reported getting the most revenue from direct sales channels – 61% of Canadian publishers sell ebooks to librariesThe full study.[Press Release]Ninety percent of surveyed publishers are currently producing ebooks Around a fifth of publishers have produced enhanced ebooks & appsCanadian publishers’ digital publishing programs are well underway, according to a study released today by BookNet Canada. The State of Digital Publishing in Canada 2013 lays out the results of a survey conducted by BookNet Canada in fall 2013. Eighty-four respondents, representing small, mid-sized, and large publishers and distributors, reported on aspects of their digital publishing program including staffing, ebook production & conversion, digital …read more

Via: Digital Book World